Thursday, July 9, 2009

Random Updates

I have been so busy lately that I have totally neglected my blog! I have a lot of good news though.

First of all, we had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend. My Mom's side of the family came down for the weekend and we got to visit, eat awesome food, play some sports and shoot fireworks! I was able to take a lot of great pictures, but I'll save those for another post.

I have three custom orders for wreaths and arrangements on my Etsy site! I am so very excited! I love custom orders. I went to Hobby Lobby today to pick up some of the flowers and vases. I will definitely post pictures of the finished designs for you to see.

There is a contest at Martha Stewart Weddings. They are asking people to share a photo of their handmade wedding decor. The winner will have their design featured on "The Martha Stewart Show". I have submitted my "Sweet Magnolia Bridal Hair Comb" already and I hope to make some wedding arrangements to submit as well. I would really appreciate it if you could rate and comment on my item HERE.
I think you have to be signed in to rate and comment on the items.

I have also submitted one of my wreaths in another contest on MarthaStewart.com. It is for the summer crafts contest. You can rate it and comment on it HERE.

And since I hate posts that don't have any pictures at all, here's a shot of a recent storm that brought rain that we desperately needed, and what happens to a yellow dog when she plays in the mud!




2 comments:

Kelly Schulz said...

Good luck with the Martha Stewart submissions! I will go check it out!

mawmawpurple said...

Lindsey, I went to the Martha Stewart website to see your wreath and hair comb, both of which are beautiful. But I couldn't figure out how to rate it. Is it too late, or did I just miss the "button"?
Love,
Aunt Betty