Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Autumn Wreaths on Etsy

I have been working hard on getting my autumn wreaths listed in my Etsy shop.













There are a lot of steps involved in listing an item.


  • The whole process starts when I shop for the materials for my wreath. Sometimes I go into the store with an idea already in my head and other times I pick up a flower and the idea for a wreath is there! I usually spend about an hour in the store perfecting my purchase, and I usually only buy the materials that I need for that particular wreath without buying any extra flowers.

  • Then I make the wreaths, which can take at least a couple of hours arranging, perfecting, gluing and making sure it looks exactly how I want it to look. This is when I put a girly movie on and get to work!

  • Then come the product photos - my house is way too dark to take the pictures inside, so I go outside. I have to take the pictures in the morning because I get the best light during that time. It also helps that I have a super-duper awesome camera at my disposal.

  • I perfect my product photos in Photoshop - cropping, enhancing and tweaking the colors a bit.

  • I also write out each description and add up the cost of the wreath.


  • Finally I can list it on Etsy and hope that it finds a good home.



It can be a long drawn out process which is why I am shocked that I have been able to get all of these autumn wreaths listed in this amount of time!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Great work as usual, and I am loving that furry edged brown ribbon!

Unknown said...

SO absolutely and completely beautiful!

It does take ages to list an item, huh? The editing of the photos is what takes me the longest. I HATE that part!

Sweet CuddleCakes said...

Oh, my gosh! Those are beautiful!!