Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Weekend

This past weekend we travelled to my husband's hometown of Port O'Connor, Texas for his cousin's wedding.




They had hired violinists to play all of the beautiful wedding and mass music.



This is my husband and I outside of the church.



One of my husband's cousins and her family.


My sister-in-law and brother-in-law - aren't they cute (she totally doesn't know I took this picture - it was a quick candid shot!)


Another one of my husband's cousin's two kids - so cute with their blond hair and blue eyes!


The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was held in a massive white tent on the beach. In the forecast was rain, but miraculously the rain passed just north of us leaving nothing but cool, perfect weather for an outdoor wedding.


As we approached the tent, tiki-torches lined the way to the entrance. The cake was a four tier creamy white masterpiece complete golden sand dollars. The grooms cake was in the shape of a crab - so cute!







The table arrangements were stunning, consisting of orchids, hydrangea and bells of Ireland, to name a few of the flowers. The caterers had prepared roast beef, shrimp, couscous, a green bean and squash medley, and a baby spinach and strawberry salad.







After dinner, we all danced the night away! The band was amazing - SkyRocket from Austin, Texas.








And finally to see the bride and groom off, we stood outside the tent with glowing sparklers! It was by far one of the best weddings I have attended!






***By the way, I just figured out how to link to view larger pictures - okay so my husband figured it out and told me what to do.  So you can click on each picture for a larger view!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Really Lin, you should add photographer to your long list of talants. Phenomenal shots!

Southern Girl said...

It's all in the camera Mere! Once you've had yours for 7 months and get the hang of it all, I'm sure your pics will turn out gorgeous! Oh yeah, I love this lens too it's a 50mm f/1.8 lens (only $86) and it rocks!