Monday, January 26, 2009

Faith, Hope and Love

Here are the cross arrangements and the wreath that I was talking about in a previous post. They are the ones that I am donating to CuteframesbyK's project - for the Hospice patients and families. I decided to do a set of cross arrangements - the "Faith, Hope and Love crosses".



The "Faith Cross" combines the black metal cross with bright red roses and rich greenery and it spans 21 inches tall, 15 inches wide and 3 inches deep. Out of the three crosses to me this one appears strong and bold so I decided that it should be the "Faith Cross". The simple definition of faith is believing without proof, and you have to be strong to believe without having proof.




This is the "Hope Cross". The delicate white flowers are entwined around the brown metal cross. This arrangement measures 19 inches tall, 15 inches wide and 4 inches deep. The colors of this wreath are so peaceful and I thought that this seemed like the perfect cross for Hope. Hope is defined as the desire and search for a future good; it is difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.




And finally the "Love Cross". A single pink peony and various pink berries lay across a brown metal cross. This arrangement measures 20 inches tall, 12 inches wide and 4 inches deep. Aside from the colors of this arrangement being pink, I decided that this should be the Love cross because the shape of the cross at each end looks to me like a heart. The heart is a recognizable symbol of love. God tells us that we are supposed to love one another.




I have also made the "Faith in God" wreath. I saw this sign at the craft store and knew that it would be perfect for the middle of the wreath. The sign reads "Great strength comes from faith in God". I also wanted the colors of the wreath to be very bright and cheerful. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

These are really pretty Lin!