There are a lot of steps involved in listing an item.
- The whole process starts when I shop for the materials for my wreath. Sometimes I go into the store with an idea already in my head and other times I pick up a flower and the idea for a wreath is there! I usually spend about an hour in the store perfecting my purchase, and I usually only buy the materials that I need for that particular wreath without buying any extra flowers.
- Then I make the wreaths, which can take at least a couple of hours arranging, perfecting, gluing and making sure it looks exactly how I want it to look. This is when I put a girly movie on and get to work!
- Then come the product photos - my house is way too dark to take the pictures inside, so I go outside. I have to take the pictures in the morning because I get the best light during that time. It also helps that I have a super-duper awesome camera at my disposal.
- I perfect my product photos in Photoshop - cropping, enhancing and tweaking the colors a bit.
- I also write out each description and add up the cost of the wreath.
- Finally I can list it on Etsy and hope that it finds a good home.
It can be a long drawn out process which is why I am shocked that I have been able to get all of these autumn wreaths listed in this amount of time!